Oconee Station State Historic Site

Oconee Station Historic Site

Oconee Station State Historic site was originally a military compound turned trading post, but now is a state park with historical significance and two structures from the 1700 and 1800s that remain.  Oconee Station, a stone blockhouse used an an outpost by the U.S. military from about 1792 to 1799, and the William Richards House, named for the Irish immigrant who built the trading post in 1805.  The park also has a fishing pond and a nature trail that connects to the Sumter National Forest. The fishing pond is stocked with bluegill and largemouth bass for catching.  This park has direct access to Station Cove Falls, considered to be one of the prettiest waterfalls in the state, featuring views of Connector Falls and Don’s Falls along the way. There is no entry fee to enter this historic site.

© 2024 | Site by Arbe Digital | Privacy Policy